Image Map

Goals For A New Year

A new year is upon us, and with that always comes the thought of wanting to be/do better.  I don't really make resolutions, but I do try to set some goals I would like to achieve in the months to come.

This year is a bit more challenging, as we are just getting back into a post holiday routine, we are also preparing for a major change in our life, the addition of a new family member.  Baby Joshua's countdown is closing in on 4 days, so trying to set up goals for the year, when knowing the unpredictability of having a newborn is a bit difficult.

Here are a few things I really want to focus on for 2013.

1.  Of course growing as a wife and mother.  Being a mother of a school aged child is a whole new (wonderful) role to play.  I see Matthew much less than before, so I really want to make the time I do see him (after-school and on the weekends) as special as possible.  I want to actually be present when spending time with him, and not focusing on other things.  I have started to do this by trying really hard to run all my errands when he is in school, so we don't have to run to target or the grocery store.  I also try to limit my time on the computer when he is home as well.

2.  Prepare Lilly for Preschool.  I can't believe in 8 short months, she will be off to school as well.  I know she is ready, but I want to work a little more with her before we send her.

3.  Really stick to a budget.  I am so bad at this.  I do so good for a few months, and I see how much we can really save, and then life gets busy and we start eating out more, I become relaxed in my spending habits again. 

4.  Keep up with my blog.  I feel like I see this a lot with moms who want to blog to capture the moments and have them written out.  Time gets in the way, and a few days becomes a few weeks, and weeks becomes months.  I really want to commit to posting more and remember that my blog isn't about having a ton of people read but more to document our life.

I am really looking forward to the year ahead, and hopefully sharing our experiences and life here on the blog.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment