Image Map

What To Do Today?

As I sit here this morning, already feeling the sting of the heat wave we are having this week, hearing the big kids make a gigantic mess play downstairs, and wrestle with the baby who is grabbing the laptop screen, I can't seem to decide what to do with our day.  I know it will start off with breakfast, a workout, getting ready.....but then what?  I can't seem to decide on something.

It makes me think.

I grew up in a very small town.  There weren't hundreds of parks, pools, play areas.  To be honest there was nothing like that....but yet we always had something to do.  Our summer days lasted a lifetime.  From the the sun rising to setting we spent our days outside, just playing.

We are so lucky to live in an area where there is so much to do.  How I am ever at a lose for ideas, I have no clue. Yesterday we cooled off at the splash pad, this weekend we took the kids to the playground.  I could take advantage of the $1 movies our local theater has, we could pack a lunch and head to the lake for a walk and picnic, there is always the pool, library, park......yet I sit here. 

Maybe it's the fact that packing up 3 kids is a lot of work, it is going to be unbearably hot this week, I am tired. 

The only thing holding me back from just making it a day at home, is that summer is short, the isles of stores are already reminding me that back to school is lurking just weeks away.  I will have plenty of mornings in the fall to catch up on laundry, cleaning, organizing....ok to be honest more like rest, blogging, DVR.  

Today we are off to ....... ugh I still have to decide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment