Image Map

Saying Goodbye To My Hometown.

This weekend Matthew and Lilly stayed in VA and had a weekend with Daddy, while JD and I packed up and headed to my parents house.  This visit was unlike any of the hundreds before, we were helping pack up my childhood home.  

The very exciting part of this is that my Mom and Dad are moving South.  Something they have wanted to do for some time now.  They will be living on a golf course, right near the shore.  It is going to be amazing for them, and make for some great spring break vacations for us :)

The tear jerking part is saying goodbye to "home".  The house I grew up in, had every elementary and high school memory in.  Too many sleep-overs to count.  A wonderful childhood, all stemming from the wonderful town in Western PA.  More than those, some of the best memories I have as an adult also come from this perfect little town, and our home.



{My engagement to Matt.  November 2006, he took me to the bell tower on the campus of the college we fell in love at, and asked me to be his wife}


{Matthew's First Christmas.  At just 4 months old, we got to wake up Christmas morning, and start all the wonderful traditions of the season, there in my parents house}


{Matthew's First Birthday.  It was so special, that we got to share the wonderful day with family, celebrating surviving the first year of parenthood, i mean a Birthday Party for our baby boy!


{Lillian's First Christmas.  In keeping up with tradition, we also celebrated our baby girls first Christmas at my parent house.  Our kids love being at their Grandma and Papa's for Christmas morning.} 


{Lillian's First Birthday.  So many celebrations have occurred here, and Lillian's birthday was no exception. We are just so lucky that my parents are so relaxed and allowed us to throw our parties for them there}  

I could go on and on.  My baby shower, my 21st birthday, where I met and fell in love with my husband.  An amazing opportunity to grow up in a small town, where everyone knew everyone.

We are so excited for their new adventure, and can't WAIT to come visit them for some beach time!  But the small town of Clarion, Pennsylvania will always have such a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment