Image Map

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fantastic. For the first time in 6 years, we had a baby sitter come to the house to watch the kids. I found a sitter, who we now love, because my husband wanted me to attend an event in DC with him.  The event was the James Beard Foundation's Taste America.  It was an awesome event which the main focus was food.  Now, I am the furthest thing from being a "foodie", I am actually extremely picky.  I did manage to try at least every dish served.  Probably the coolest part of the event was the location.  It was held at the Italian Embassy.   


It wasn't my husband's first time in the building, he actually worked the MSNBC Party for the Inauguration back in January.  Me, well I never get out so I have never been here, and the building is amazing, and a great location to hold an event.  This was also the first time we have been all dressed up, out, alone, in a very long time!


The food was incredibly interesting.  Here are photos of the first 6 courses.  We left after the sixth course, missing out on the last to.  It was getting late and we needed to get home.

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key.  Saturday I was back in my mama role, with errands and tball.




Sunday was L-A-Z-Y. Hubs and the big kid headed to church because someone {JD} decided to fall asleep 4 minutes before we had to leave.  The rest of the day was just relaxing, football watching and playing.  And Joshua decided to really start pulling to standing.


2 comments:

  1. I love reasons to dress up but sometimes the food is WAY to fancy and weird.. Not my style, I'll take a burger! Haha

    mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event to go to! We watch Top Chef and a lot of cooking shows- so it would be fun to go to something like that someday. And its so nice to get out and dressed up every once in a while. We have that table your little boy is pulling up on- best toy ever!! Our kids pulled up on it too :)

    ReplyDelete