Image Map

Feedin the Family + EASY Chili Recipe and Storage

It has been FOREVER since I have posted a meal plan.  I always have a meal plan, but lately haven't been following it too closely.  This is week 3 of our back to school phase in (week 1 was Matthew starting school, Week 2 was the start of preschool, and this week Lilly goes back to Gymnastics, and Matthew's CCD classes start again).  I have been SO busy #storyofmylife #arentweall.  I am determined to get back on track.

As I have mentioned in the past, I meal plan and grocery shop on a two week cycle. 


 WEEK ONE

Sunday 9/15 - Leftover Night {We have leftover Pasta in the Fridge and some salad}

Monday 9/16 - Rotisserie Chicken, rice, broccoli 

Tuesday 9/17 - Lasagna Rolls (Making an extra batch for the freezer)

Wednesday 9/18 - Crock Pot Meal - Pot Roast, Potatoes, Veggies

Thursday 9/19 - Baked Chicken,  Steamed Veggies

Friday 9/20 - Grilled Chicken Salads {This mama has wine night with friends, so Daddy is in Charge!}

Saturday 9/21 - It's just Lilly, JD and I.  Hubs and Matthew are going to a Nats game.  So we will probably just have grilled cheese, soup, crackers


WEEK TWO

Sunday 9/22 - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the crock pot, Mashed Potatoes.  Hubs likes to smell his dinner all day on Sundays...lol.

Monday 9/23 - This day is double triple booked in the evening, so Leftovers or Take Out it is. 

Tuesday 9/24 -Shrimp Scampi with Pasta and Salad.

Wednesday 9/25 - Club Sandwiches, Soup, Bowl of Fruit

Thursday 9/26 - Chicken and Broccoli with Penne

Friday 9/27 - Taco Night!  I love doing this Taco Bake as an option that is a little different.

Saturday 9/28 - Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Potatoes and Veggies.



Now onto an Easy Chili Recipe.  I am very picky when it comes to food.  I used to never eat chili.  I realized it wasn't the flavor, it was the beans.  So Here is my adapted recipe that is beanless! 


 Ingredients:

2lb Ground Meat
1 Chopped Onion
Chopped Garlic
2 (14oz) can Diced Tomato
1 (16oz) can Tomato Sauce
3 tsp Chili Powder
1tsp Basil
salt, pepper, garlic salt

Saute the Onion and Garlic, set aside and brown Ground Beef.  Add All ingredients into the Crock Pot and cook until heated through.


When I make a batch of Chili I make a huge amount.  I then pour the extra into muffin tins.  Place the tins into the freezer until each pod is frozen.  Then pop them out (use a hot rag for help if it won't come out), and place in a large freezer Ziploc.  When you want soup simple take as much as you need/want and either place on the store or microwave.   



2 comments:

  1. What a great tip for freezing leftover chili! We're having that today :) I have always used half the amount of beans called for in a chili recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by for a visit via Menu Plan Monday. Welcome back!
    Woo! This has really blown right by. It's already mid-September. The holidays will be upon us in a matter of time.
    Everything looks delicious on your menu plan. Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Colorado and DC.

    ReplyDelete