Image Map

Life As A Mom Of Three

So it has been a year as me being a mom of three.  I have learned so much in the past year.  I somehow come across so many people with 2 kids debating whether to try for a third or not.  For us there was such a big time period where we weren't sure whether to have another baby or be done after Lilly.  When Lilly was almost 3 we decided to try and  see how it goes.  We have never had problems getting pregnant.  And sure enough about a month after making the decision, we found out we were pregnant.

I never in a million years would have imagined the difference between having 2 kids to having 3.  While I know if we wouldn't of had Joshua my heart would have always ached for 1 more baby, the transition has made me a bit frazzled.  I no longer have it all together.  I actually am now late for things, I forget things, I say no to helping with things, because I am simply too busy.  Is Joshua worth it, absolutely 100%, that question is so laughable.  Would my life be different with just two kids, easier, less hectic.... well, yes.  I would have 9 hours a week right now to myself without any kids.  In the fall I would have both children in school all day.  I would have no bottles in the house, diapers would be a thing of the past, there would be no nighttime wake-ups.

Every season of life is a just that, a season, it will come and before I know it, it will be gone.  I would do anything to go back and relive the newborn days with all three of my babies.  Those are some of my happiest times in my life.

When people ask my opinion on having a third or sticking with two, I usually tell them that with three there is never a moment where someone other than yourself needs something.  Attention, food, cleaning, driven somewhere, you name it.  But seeing all three of my kids snuggled together, playing, or reading just melts my heart.  You will always wonder if you don't have another, but if you have another, you will never regret it.

I may never be 15 minutes early for every appointment again, supreme room mom, or be able to workout at the gym 5 mornings a week, but I have a full house.  Full of love, laughter, and....well, kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment