Image Map

10 Things I Learned During My Latest Blog Break

So it's been a few weeks.  Normally when I unintentionally take a blogging break I feel so guilty and beat myself up over it.  This time, it while not intentional, it was needed, and honestly I don't think I could have found the time or energy to write over the past few weeks.

A Lot has been going on.   A Lot isn't a big enough word.  Major life choices, grown up headaches over life.  

Now, things have slowed down, things are back to normal, I am actually closing my eyes and sleeping at night.

For today, the things I have learned in the past few weeks.  Some I already knew, but was reminded.

 
 1.  My in-laws are amazing.  They took on the role of caring for all 3 kids for 4 days.  The kids had a fantastic time. 


 2. Guys, I can't even begin to explain Matthew's obsession with sports.  This is a list of "his" football games for week 7.  Not only does he watch and know who is playing / winning / the final scores of the real games, he also makes up his own and plays them out in the playroom.  It is the cutest thing ever.
 

3.  Nothing beats a Friday Night Jenga game night.


4.  While I still HATE surprises, my husband sure knows the right way to go about it.  Hello beautiful iPad baby.  Now I am just impatiently waiting for it's home, which is an Erin Condren case!


5.  Chuck E Cheese sketch pictures are always a wonderful addition to my refrigerator. 


6.  Wearing real clothes, and going out with adults sans kids, is so fun.  


7.  I met my husband and got to know him as we worked side by side, and man did I miss it.  I wouldn't change anything, and was happy to be home and back to mommy duty, but being behind a switcher, with him directing to my left, was incredible.


8. Fall in Pennsylvania is the most beautiful.  Amazing.  Also my in-laws home is probably on my top 5 list of favorite places.


9. Life can be so unpredictable, confusing, tiring, unbelievable, and absolutely amazing all at the same time.  Sometimes you don't realize it in the moment.  It just takes a bit to understand it all.

10. I LOVE television.  I watch a lot of tv in the evenings when the kids are in bed.  WE never have it on during the day (except during nap) but once they go to bed, it is on until we go to sleep.  I have learned, I don't miss most of it when I go a few weeks without watching it.  I ended up going through my DVR and just deleting a lot that was on there, which in turn somehow de-stressed me. 

As far as where I have been/ what's been going on..... it really isn't important.  I will say it wasn't any of the gossipy juicy stuff like relationship, pregnancy, fighting.  

**Just so y'all know, this post does include a referral link!

No comments:

Post a Comment