Image Map

Our Love Story


 I am linking up with Becky @ From Mrs to Mama on this very cute link up party.  It is all about my loved story with my husband! 

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
   ** We have been together for 6 years, and our 5 year wedding anniversary is in a few weeks.  When I write that it seems like we got married as soon as we got together, and while that is kind of true (hey, when you know, you know right!) we had a very short engagement.

 (April 2006 @ PNC Park, Pittsburgh PA)

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
      ** I met Matt the first week of my Freshman year of college.  It was an introduction meeting for the campus television station (I don't even know why I ended up going, at that point I had no clue what I wanted to "do" in school) anyway, we met then, but he was "taken" and we became friends instantly.  It kind of just evolved from there.  I think we both knew from that first day that we were meant to be together.  We were great friends first, and then fell in love.  He really is my best friend before anything else.



3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
  **We are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary on March 3rd.

 (March 3rd 2007 - Our Wedding Day)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
   **We got married in Matt's Family Church.  His grandparents were married there, his dad was confirmed there, his parents were married there, Matt was confirmed there, we got married there, and our children got baptized there.  It is the cutest little church, right down the street from his parents house.  We had 100 people, but it was almost completely ALL family.  We both have large families, so we kept it to that and a few friends.  We planned it in 2 1/2 months, and we moved to another state 3 weeks before the big day....it was very hectic. 
 (St. Bartholomew Church)

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
  **Nothing out of the ordinary, just hun, sweetie, that's about it.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
{one} I love how his main goal has always been to take care of me.  No matter what.

{two} I love that he is the most determined hard working person I know.  He is so driven to succeed, it amazes me.

{three}I love his sense of humor sarcasm.  He makes me laugh everyday.


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
  ** It was November 2006, a few days before Thanksgiving.  I was stubborn and kind of ruined the surprise, but he took me to the bell tower at the University that we went to and got down on his knee.  I learned later that he had asked my dad (which meant a lot).  It was the perfect place because it was a place that we will always cherish, and where we first met. It was at night, and it was so pretty.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
  ** He was a mushy lovey dovey person at first, but I let him know that all that stuff isn't my thing.  I appreciate flowers once a year on Valentines Day, but am not into all that stuff.  We don't even do cards to each other, we never have.  It just isn't our style.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
  **Relaxing at home.  We are home bodies, and always have been. We get to go out occasionally when we are visiting family in PA.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
  ** I would love to travel across country with my husband some day.  He has driven from here in VA to CA (for work) and I would love to go with him, stopping anywhere along the way, and seeing the country. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
  ** Um.....I will make dinner (like every night) and we will make it fun for our little ones.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
    ** We don't exchange gifts for Valentines Day.  But my husband does "surprise" us with DQ Ice Cream Cake for dessert after dinner!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
   ** Don't take anything to seriously.  Laugh A lot.  Be your partners best friend and biggest supporter.
 


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
(The Birth of Our Son, August 2007)

(Our Family of Four, June 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment