Image Map

Menu Plan Monday

 Menu Plan Monday is back, for this week anyway.  My husband is finally home from his business trip, and I am looking forward to getting back in the kitchen to make something other than mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and pizza!  Here is what our menu looks like this week, including a recipe for my husbands favorite dinner, Chicken Parmesan.


 Monday - Pot Roast, Potatoes, Veggies, and bread.
Tuesday - For Valentines Day I am doing my husband's favorite meal.  Chicken Parmesan (Recipe Below)
Wednesday - Flank Steak and Roasted Potatoes
Thursday - We have Disney on Ice in the city during the day, so we are doing taco night, easy after a long day!
Friday- We are going out to dinner in DC with some family at one of our favorite Brazilian Restaurants, which means no cooking for me!
Saturday- Shrimp Scampi, baked potatoes, garlic bread
Sunday- Chicken Stuffed Shells, corn, salad


 Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Eggs
Breadcrumbs
Flour
Provolone Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Spaghetti Sauce (Marinara works well)
 

1.  I pound out my chicken to make it thinner.  I have no fancy way of doing this, I just use parchment paper and then beat it with the back of an ice cream scoop.  Real professional, I know!

2.  Heat Oil in a large skillet (I love my Cast Iron)  I use vegetable oil, but others work as well.
3.  While the oil is heating up, I set up three paper plates.  One has flour (I also add in some salt and pepper to that), the second has scrambled up egg, and the last has breadcrumbs with some Parmesan Cheese mixed in.  Then I coat the chicken.  Flour, Egg, then breadcrumbs.
4.  Let em cook up in the pan.  Till brown on both sides.

5.  Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil.  Bake in a 350* oven for about 45 minutes. 
6.  Once Chicken is cooked through, spoon on some sauce, and then a layer of provolone cheese.  Put back in the oven until cheese is melted.
7.  I add more sauce before serving.  I usually serve with a pasta side and garlic bread.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The chicken looks great. My hubby loves it too. We actually ate it for lunch yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had steak and potatoes yesterday! And your chick. parm. looks yummy too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Will have to try your recipe sometime.
    Stopping by from the "Bloglovin Hop". Now following you on Bloglovin, Facebook, and Twitter.
    Have a great weekend :)
    Bismah @ 
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete