Image Map

When My Kids Are Sick.

When my kids are sick it is so draining on me.  Between being up all night, and caring for them all day, I am a sloppy mess.  My poor Lilly has a nasty virus and it is just brutal.


It starting with vomit Sunday Morning (and by morning I mean 2am when I should be sleeping not mopping up floors).  ALL day Sunday was constant throwing up and cleaning up.  I knew that there wasn't much we could do for it, other than try to make it through 24 hours, then it should have been gone.


Sunday Night we settle in, Lilly on one end of the couch, me on the other.  She was finally done with the vomiting, I thought we were in the clear, on our way to being better.  I. WAS. WRONG.

 

Monday she slept ALL day.  Wasn't throwing up, but still hadn't eaten anything since Saturday afternoon, and was barely drinking either.  When she finally woke up at dinner time she was complaining of her belly aching.  I needed answers.  We headed into Urgent Care.  There we were at UC from 6:30-10pm.  She was miserable.  I was exhausted.  The only thing they came up with is that she had low blood sugar (but wouldn't eat or drink AT ALL at this point) and that she was becoming dehydrated.  I felt terrible for taking her there when they really didn't do anything to make her feel better.   


I took her home.  I figured sleeping in her own bed would be better than some hospital one.  I hoped and prayed that the next morning she would wake up hungry and want to eat. THAT. DIDN'T. HAPPEN.


So yesterday morning we woke up and had the same horrible complaints of stomach pain.  she wouldn't not eat a thing.  She was barely drinking water.  Her pediatrician called to check on her.  I tried to get her to drink water through the morning, she wasn't having it.... so off to the dr. we went.



At the doctor's office, it was decided that the dehydration was going to get worse, not better.  So they started an IV of fluids.  She was not happy about it.  But then settled in with the iPad and was fine.  She even took a nap.  Sitting there watching her sleep, all I could think was how badly I wanted this virus to be done, to leave my poor baby alone.  For something, anything to make her feel better.


I took her home, and she slept most of the afternoon.  Not wanting to be bothered.  And here we are at day 4 of not eating.  and yet again I sit here hoping that when she wakes up she is magically all better and ready for a big breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment