Image Map

Hall Closet Organization

So yesterday morning I went to grab some shoes, and BAM, 10 things came falling out of our hall closet.  It was time to clean.  Luckily it is a small space, so it didn't take too long.

 I started by cleaning the top shelf.  I pulled anything that wasn't summer related and stored it in another location.  Now along the top shelf is a basket of miscellaneous items, a tote bag for the beach/pool, a basketball, and a picnic blanket (this is a spare, I also have a waterproof one that stays in my van)


During the summer we don't need a ton of things hanging, so I keep it simple, a hood for each child, and some jackets for me.


I also have some storage bins for items.  This keeps them nice and neat, and from gathering all over the floor.

Shoe storage was the most difficult for me to tackle, so I broke down and got an over the door shoe organizer.  I really dislike this form of organization, but I will say, that for the kids shoes (and a few other items) it is working well for us.  I still don't like them though :)



No comments:

Post a Comment