Image Map

Chores For Our Kids



I have decided it it time to really implement a chore system in our home.  I decided on the Erin Condren Functional Family System, but there are so many ways to track chores.  I have pinned some of my favorites, and you can take a look at them below.


Follow Happily A Housewife's board Chore Chart Ideas on Pinterest.

While I LOVE the look of the functional family system, I am not sold on how expensive it is, and think there are great DIY chore charts, as well as free printables.  

I don't know about you, but for me the hardest part of creating a chore chart is finding tasks that are age appropriate and determining how many chores to give each child.  I decided assigning a few chores that all the kids are expected to do each and every day, a few that are specific to that child each day/week, and a few that are rotating chores, changing out who completes the task each week.

In the video I go into more detail of what tasks I have assigned my children, and how I hope a chore chart will work.  I will do a follow up video in a month or so to let you know how it is going.  In the meantime I thought I would share a few ideas I have for chores that are ideal for specific ages.  Of course this isn't one size fits all and each child is different, so you have to think about what would work for your child.  It may also take a few weeks of doing the tasks together before they "get" it.  I have a few tasks where my bigger kids are mentors, and are helping teach my toddler how to complete the task.

While doing research I actually came across this list from Jamerrill at Free Homeschool Deals, and it's perfect.  So instead of reinventing the wheel, I highly suggest you check out her list HERE!


Another huge topic when discussing chores, is rewards.... they go hand in hand.  To hear my thoughts on rewards, well it's all explained in the video below!






**This post is not sponsored in anyway, however the link for Erin Condren is a referrals link**

No comments:

Post a Comment