Image Map

Kid Friendly Hall Closet Organization



I think I have FINALLY found a solution to our entry way closet organizational dilemma.  This closet made me cry inside each time it was opened, it was so messy, and trying to find matching shoes was harder than finding any Waldo.  Something had to be done.  I decided to re-use a system from our old home and use the over the door shoe organizer for the kids most worn shoes.  While not the most appealing, it gets the job done, and even my 2 year old can put his shoes away correctly.  

We also moved an Ikea Kallax Shelving Unit into the closet.  With 4 spaces for bins, we use one for each child, and the extra is for any shoes my husband or I may have downstairs.  I really like the constraint of only having the space within your bin, once it's full, it's time to clean it up.  I decided to go with the Ikea Lekman Boxes in white.  I liked the clean color, but also the durability of the plastic bins over a fabric counterpart.

To see more of how I am using this closet, and how I am keeping it organized, please watch the video below!

No comments:

Post a Comment